Book reviews and other
writing by Peter Manson
Ted Berrigan: The Sonnets
- a review of the Penguin edition of Berrigan's early masterpiece.
Ciaran Carson: Breaking News
Justin Quinn: Fuselage.
Cydney Chadwick: Enemy Clothing.
Hans Magnus Enzensberger: Selected poems
Lighter Than Air.
Lisa Jarnot: Some Other Kind of Mission.
David Kinloch: Paris-Forfar.
David Kinloch: Un Tour d'Ecosse.
Tom Leonard: access to the silence.
Barry MacSweeney: Hellhound Memos.
Douglas Oliver: Penniless Politics.
The Order of Things
- an anthology of Scottish sound, pattern and concrete poems.
Maggie O'Sullivan: Palace of Reptiles.
A paper on Maggie O'Sullivan's A Natural History in 3 Incomplete Parts
Pam Rehm: The garment in which no one had slept.
Keston Sutherland: Stress Position
Gael Turnbull: For Whose Delight.
Girl born without a mother
- a short essay on Stéphane Mallarmé (pdf file on the
Adjunct: an Undigest
, machine-translated into Norwegian.
BIRCH BIRCH BIRCH
- a short commentary on J.H. Prynne's "Rune Poem".
Bob Cobbing solo
- a report on Bob Cobbing's 80th birthday reading, 11th July 2000.
- a report on the last five performances of Bob Cobbing and Lawrence Upton's collaborative soundtext project,
Domestic Ambient Noise
Let it Be
- an essay on poetry and language.
- Peter Manson's preface to Bob Cobbing's 15th volume of Collected Poems,
Gibbering His Wares
Hazel Smith: Nuraghic Echoes
- a response to the recorded version of this sound art collabation between Smith and Roger Dean.